Tuesday, October 11, 2011

back to basics

The basics of Christian living, was once illustrated to me this way. Like a table with 4 legs to support it, sturdy and strong, to be strong in your Christian walk you must also have 4 basic elements to keep you up.

Prayer- "Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!" Matthew 26:41 

Reading the Word-  But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

Fellowship- "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
 

Worship-  "Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name." Hebrews 13:15

When one of these is missing it will cause you to be weakened. I have found this to be true. These are what I call the basics. When something is off, and just not right, I find that one of these is lacking in my own life. This illustration has helped me to truly understand how important these things are to maintain my life in the Lord.
I love that these things are not hard to get to, always accessible.

I am encouraged by this illustration always.
I hope it's an encouragement to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment